This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Lothlorien Basement

Well we moved again this time hopefully a more permanent spot of Lothlorien...
It has an unfinished lower level of this new flet that is perfect of creative elves like me...
Took so far two walls that framed a small white doorway and painted them a warm robins egg blue for sky don't want too cool of a blue too chilly... so a warm light blue. Then I used this medium dark gray paint that was left over (mistake paint) to paint two tall mallorns from floor trim up to the ceiling. I purposely painted the tree tops OUT of sight if you will because mallorns are very tall...I did however for balance paint two branches going up into ceiling for further illusion of great height. Going to paint a small chipmunk or such in a knot in one tree and a small turtle at the base of another. Still working on the shading for these trees, actually used some white for highlighting as want these trees to be pale and silvery. May add some dark almost black in some small detail for more depth, working on it.  Where the wall turns corner going to continue the woods and add Nimrodel coming down in distance flowing to a small river along base of wall. Here will have ferns and such along bank. Looking for a good pic of Galaldriel to add here also. Cant find standee...Yet!  Currently have Aragorn and his love Arwen in standees there. More standees waiting to be put out. The elfling loves the woods feels so magical to her and me too!  The floor is concrete so got a floor paint and its a nice muted shade of green like grass- lovely!!!! On another wall in a section close by painted wall same color but have a dryrub wall transfer of a white statue and bird fountain. Also butterflies and and humingbirds too...Lovely. The wall facing this one has a door in center but to either side going to paint same blue with two white planters and each with a  tall topiary framing door. Very formal but beautiful! So elven to me. Can see such things in Lothlorien. Cant wait to get it all done! Have no shame in showing off my love of ME and nor should you!

Enjoy happy decorating! Will post pics as soon as its all done for you to enjoy too!

GG

No comments: