This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Monday, April 7, 2008

Castle Room I'm working On....


Am working on making a castle room for a Princess. It will have a Middle Earth flavor and most likely a Gondorian influenced one! To start I have painted a faux archway over the window. It is a standard square window as you may note but now with the illusion of being arched as in a castle. There is another faux window on an opposite wall that I'll post a pic of tomorrow or next day after for you. I am making a wall banner/flag to hang also. Don't ALL castle's have flags or banners hanging around??? Am trying to dream up more little details to make it more real and will share those as I go. Will be working on making Elronds Chamber room more castle like next after this....Again I promise to keep you posted and filled in with pics and juicy details....

GG
P.S. The Photo shown is in the night mode...During the day I tie it in the middle with a ribbon and let the light in from either side, its lovely actually!

No comments: