This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lothlorien Decor

Hello dear and faithful friends...

A moment has been granted to me that allows this much desired visit...

Recently moved to a small flet that is 9 feet wide and about 30 feet long.  It has this wonderful "cut in half" house look from the outside with the steep slanted roof (metal) with vaulted ceiling.  It looks so tiny on the outside but on the inside it looks so incredibly "large".  I have chosen to paint the four walls in two colors: one short wall with one adjoining long in pale sage green and the opposite long and short in a soft taupe...At the top of the long peak all the way across there are these long narrow windows that let the beautiful morning sunlight come drifting softy into the room....Its WONDERFUL!!!! I have managed to create a serene and peaceful interior using alot of decor and furniture from the last flet.  I have no curtains on the windows as it is in a wooded setting with no close neighbors. This adds to the nature feel. 

Had to create two bedrooms out of an 7 X 13 alcove which I used sage greens curtains to divide the area. It works.  It barely fits two twin beds one on each side...The larger side has a twin  against the wall with a small play area. The other has a twin long ways with about 2 feet space to get into the bed when needed.  On the small narrow window there I have gently drapped some white nettting as a curtain with a large white and silver moth (Gandalf would be proud) clipped on the clasp. The walls are taupe with a wooden bed and spring green spread. There is also a lovely long/narrow  and very green wooded print over head of bed.  It is so serene and simple, so elven...

One thing I have learned is that Lothlorien is NOT Rivendell....Love the classy and eternal feel of Rivendell but its not Lothorien. That is one thing I have discovered here in this new flet.  Lothlorien is in the woods, hence more nature needs to come in with a woodsy garden feel if you will.    Hence I have incorporated a grapevine wreath with  deep vibrant blue flowers hanging from a louvered closet door in a deep dark wood color-its a simple but stunning touch... On the wall on the main area I have for now hung a second similar wreath with red and yellow flowers.  On the eating table I have a wonderful metal vase with dark metal overwashed with green and these lovely white flowes that cascade over the sides... I have tasteful bird prints around in the kitchen and bath to speak of the trees and nature. I have incorporated metal, wood, glass, and wood elements to again bring in nature. They compliment so well.  I have the metal garden bench with the birds and vines as well... It has surprised me how Lothlorien has the class of Rivendell but the added element of more flowy and graceful nature touches due to the wooded environment.  I love the revelation as have always loved vine wreaths and birds and flowers and such.... So anyways all for now, time has escaped me...I hope this has helped not confused those who may want to read and learn such things...If I can locate the missing camera then will try to post pics for you....Unless they are already here must check soon...

Namarie,

GG

No comments: