This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Saturday, June 25, 2011

New Lothlorien

As you can see this new Lothlorien has alot of natural rock. I LOVE rock, its so earthy and ancient...Its timeless and yet full of memory...How perfectly elven is that? Here I am blessed to have so much natural rock to be so creative with. The stone steps do not look modern and new. They look old and ancient, still they are practical and work well! The stone bench is all from here as well. One like myself could not afford such



rock and yet this place offers it freely with open arms! Again the stone bench is NOT something you'll find at Walmart or your local garden shop! But it is here, it is of this place, this wonderful place...There are hopes to build a second and third stairway at different sides of Caras Galladon to make the hill more accessable from different locations. Also need the steps for Galadriel to go down into her secret garden. Hope you enjoy these pics! If you could only see the real thing! Its magical!!!

Ok all for now...Understand not all can replicate the stone but if need be you could use other materials to recreate the "spirit" of the stair...If desired can make some suggestions.

Must run, this elf is falling asleep....My flet calls...

GG

No comments: