This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Friday, August 28, 2015

Not yet but soon enough...

Well folks, alot has happened since last here and not all good, however good things do come to those who wait especially if they have a good heart... I think I qualify...hope I do.

Anyways soon I will be working on a new garden in a tropical location. That is exciting to me because not a fan of winter at all....and its hard to see the leaves and plants all dead looking. Spring is nice but doesn't make up for the winter for me.

The garden is not as large as I had hoped it would be BUT have decided to put alot of thought into this one, more perhaps than ever before. It will be a Lothlorien themed garden fixating on Galadriel's private garden. I am doing repeat research to get all the details I can and if anyone has any suggestions I am open to hearing them. The area does include a hill that slopes down to the left. Would like very much to have a set of white steps going down into the garden. Somewhere many years back I had posted a pic of such steps and now I can't find them. They were sooooo perfect! Going to see can do something similar from memory.It will have a water feature for sure and lots and lots of flowers. Here there is a fine bamboo that stays fairly small and delicate, was thinking it would make a good hedge for her garden. In the past I had used Canadian Hemlock, another good choice in the states...Lots of white flowers like crape myrtle and bougainvillea because its her color and it will show in the moonlight. There are lots of other lovely flowers to use here as well, it almost makes me feel like its the Undying Lands instead of just regular Lothlorien...Maybe it is, we did have to travel over the waters.... I will have to keep you posted.

We are having a small semi round house put up and this garden will surround it. It is a dream come true after many years of tears...Finally we will have a place that well will be a little more permanent and beautifully ours. We may not be able to stay here right now as much as we want but soon enough it will be our permanent location/home....I cannot wait to let you know all the wonderful details....with pic's of course!

No comments: