This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Still more Hobbit Colors for You!

How about some lovely taupe? Its actually a cool brown but is stunning with white accent trim and then throw in a couple of leafy green plants. If your a true hobbit probably some herbs in a couple of floor pots by a window or on the sill. Rosemary is nice and tall and good for cooking! How about some basil too?You could also in this family of color do a beige room with some dark trim. Too dark for me but maybe it works for you! Add some leather furniture, a dark framed mirror on the wall, some "clutter" like trunks and stacked books on a dark wooden coffee table. Put a large oriental rug under it all and you can almost smell the smoke from Gandalf's and Bilbo's pipes!!! Think of the scene in the house with Bilbo meandering around and all the "stuff". Very cosy and and homey unless your an elf but that's another story!

GG

Oh and remember Hobbits are "earthy" and they like "practical things" and things that look handcrafted if you will. Perhaps some wooden utensils hanging in the kitchen or dining room, some pots hanging from the ceiling on one of those special hangers or on the wall perhaps. So much you could do! Hope this inspires you a little bit.

No comments: