This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Friday, October 10, 2008

Some Ideas for An Ilthilien Room

Some ideas that have been going around in my head for awhile but not really written down for an Ilthilien room are as follows. I hope this works as a spring board for you all to get some ideas for yourself if this realm interest you. Now I have not "developed" this room fully yet so be patient. That will come soon but not just yet, need more time to think....

Anyways, here goes. To me what I envision is a "forest" room. There is website that sells dry rub transfers called Tatouage (be careful how you search this on computer it may take you to a naughty site, not the actual Tatouage site) they are also on some home shopping networks on TV. They sell a life size pine tree, well they say that but its about 6 feet high and about 3 feet or so wide, can't remember for sure, I have two. Anyway, you need to give the "illusion" of a forest and in a room I think two will do, maybe three if enough wall space. So paint your walls either a soft sunshine yellow or a pale, pale green, take your choice. I might would choose the yellow to infer the sunshine coming down through the trees.... Strategically place your two trees in area's of the most impact. I also picked up a border that has pine cones on it. Not sure yet if I want to use it as border or cut out the cones and place on trees, on the "ground" or what. Next I would definitely have a "floor" along base of the wall to reflect a forest floor. Do either a moss green and sponge it so that its uneven and more natural or maybe you want pine needles, if so pick a golden reddish brown and again sponge it on for more natural look. If you can pick actual flooring then pick something like a green carpet or guess a beige carpet could do...Not for me but how daring are you? The afore mentioned decorating site also has small animals like squirrels and rabbits. I have both and intend to strategically place them around the room near the trees maybe. And that my friends is the place I must abruptly end this topic for now...That is as far as my brain has had time to go! Sorry.

Hopefully it will get you started and meanwhile I will be thinking this through more and keep you informed as the ideas come....

Oh one more thing, I would paint the ceiling (its what I would do) a sky blue and either get the stars that adhere and glow at night or some of that paint that does so that you'd have that outdoor feel even at night...

Sidh iest le mellon's,

Glauriel

No comments: