This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More fun...

WOW! It worked, was able to get back to my sites!

We just went through the move from you know where...It started with trying to sell the house from August of 2008 till a contract May 2009 to closing November 2009...Rough waters for sure...And now in this new place no computer other than this laptop that sometimes works and sometimes not...

Anyways just wanted to say now that am in new diggs been working on some new rooms! Yahoo!

One room is the quarters of Celeborn and Galadriel described in the book...It is in this instance our "dressing room" if you will. BUT am adhering strictly to the color scheme. Another room is also elven but NOT in the book just inspired by it. I call it the waterfall room and its the master sleeping quarters. Its looking sophisticated and lovely already...Am going to do an Ilthilien room here really soon. Room is actually still under construction so waiting on that. BUT it is already planned out. Also think at this time that the laundry room (got snickers elsewhere on this) will be the glittering caves...You'll see...And have this other large room that is going to be playroom/library and in one corner guest room (you'll see). On one large wall going full length going to attempt to do a Rivendell mural as best I can using Tatouage. Going to separate the "bedroom" with curtains from the ceiling and its going to be "Arwen's Room" probably even keep the standee there for more impact. Soon now that I know I get here again I will post individually each of these ideas and more...

So happy decorating to you all!

Getting happy at last,
GG

Its weird being so excited about all this and then feeling grief over Sophia...Mixed bag but the joy is rather attempting to overtake the sadness. Losing Joanne three years ago March was so traumatic, unexpected and my first in a long, long time, it still tears me up to think or look at her scrapbook. So much guilt there too. If I had only know having her surgery would cost her life it wouldn't have happened! I'm sorry Joanne< I didn't know, honest! I miss you....But Joanne when I see you and Sophia again we will run and play again I promise...

No comments: