This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Moonlit Nights and White Flowers

This may be a repeat and if so feels it is worth repeating and giving it its own post. Have you ever had the experience of seeing a garden at night that has white flowers in it? Its magical. The white just glows at sunset and if there is any moonlight it will reflect it in a really soft glowing form. In addition to that have noticed that white stone will do the same. Here in Lothlorien there is some what seems to be called white quartz. Not sure on name but they are larger pieces and so decided to collect them to shape into part of Galadriel's secret garden. At first on moonlit nights it was really confusing trying to figure out what it was until I remembered "the rocks"...Also the white pavers that are lining the begining of the wooded path, they also glow! These are just things that have been done here. Your situation is unique and perhaps not for you. However please consider if your adding any new plants to your landscape to put in a couple of white ones. There are so many to choose from: azealeas, hydrangea's, impatiens,geraniums,lilies,daisies and so many more...

There was a woman I read about in some garden book some time ago that had planted so many white things in her garden on purpose because as she put it she had a "different garden" at night than in the daytime. It was so incredibly beautiful. I love this idea and being Lothlorien am trying to recreate and Galadriel being the Lady of Light....White is the color of her stone and her mantel, hence white flowers are also in my thinking her color of flower as well.... So may this inspire you in some way in your garden dreams as well...

GG

No comments: