This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Another Hobbit Room- Office/Reading Room

Been awhile since did anything for the hobbits...Don't want them to feel neglected.

I see a room with deep taupe walls, sage or hunter green curtains, stained wood trim, leather furniture that is a little oversized and comfy. See dark wood or oak stain on the other furniture in the room such as a desk perhaps, a wooden bench, coffee table that is simple, magazine holder. I see lots of books both on shelves and stacked about a foot high on either desk, coffee table or reading stand next to a chair. I see a comfy ottoman in front of chair. Also see a nice soft throw over back/arm of chair/couch in a hunter green or burnt red. There might be one of those country rugs as I call them the large oval ones that are sewn together from many links in multi colors...ALso a fireplace or stove going. See a pipe set out somewhere in the room. See a large dog sleeping next to the chair, a setter perhaps. If no real dog then get one of those dog statue things to give the sense of one. If unable to do leather furniture then perhaps a plaid in warm greens/golds and reds. Or find faux leather. Make the room really comfy and inviting. The dark colors make it soothing and quiet, good for reading or doing work quietly. This is not a party room! Also see some eclectic accessories perhaps an item on display from your travels as Bilbo had. If any flowers are displayed make them field flowers like daisy's or wildflower varieties...More hobbit like. This room will have a little more of a masculine feel but female hobbits will also find it soothing. The coffee table could also be an old chest with a simple cloth square (kitchen towel in appropiate color?) thrown over the top with a pile of books stacked onto that...Use your imagination here...Also perhaps a decanter with a couple of glasses could be set out on a mantle if there is one even just for show.

Enjoy!

GG

No comments: