This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Caras Galladon Flet finally happening!

Finally after 10 years waiting at one location and now a year at the other...Finally got the first corner post set. It was a test run. Now hopefully today will get the other three holes dug for the rest of the posts. Its much cooler today so good digging weather. Once the post are in going to get some needed advice from some local elvish craftsmen on how to put in floor joists so as can get the raised floor in too. Once the floor is in then its onto the walls. Had someone who took down some big branches in order to help out some trees cut some of them into special lengths for me to use for some of the walls and door framing. Really wanting to get a very natural look here, blending in with the trees look. Don't want anything that is going to stand out or look like unnatural. Hoping to imitate as close as possible to what is seen in the movie. Now thats really dreaming big but if you don't dream big then the results are really mediocre. The end result will be about 8' long by 5' wide. Also trying to decide if want to have enclosed walls or perhaps leave the walls with openings like a gazebo type effect. Need to study the movie shots more...To see what exactly can be done on my budget and with my talents. Hoping to put a small table and two chairs for reading inside also. Here's hoping to have it all completed before summers end... Will keep you posted.

GG

No comments: