This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Arwen Room Variation

Had to reread my own post cause couldn't remember details that well...Have a small space that want to do the Arwen theme...Going to paint a pale lavender on walls and then debating on either the white curtains or perhaps a sheer silver? Also thinking in finding a silver shimmery bedcover but so far nothing can be found.  Will then look for a small deep purple and pale lavender toss pillows for bed. The floor is actually concrete (basement of flet) and is painted a soft sage green. Have added small area rug with lots of red/navy/hunter green. Not sure if it will stay or not. Keep remembering the flooring of Arwens room in movie, it is tile with a lot of red in it-strong color. I prefer the soft but a little punch is good to wake things up especially since elves live so long they are bound to get bored w décor. Going to seek out silver lamps for either side of bed and have a good mirror that may paint silver. Its very old but and think it would be ok in silver also. We'll see. Its a tiny space that barely fits dresser twin and 2 lamp stands. Its well lit and will be a guest sleeping area, very restful. Think my standee will also find a home here. Happy decorating!GG

No comments: