This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Update on Lower level of Flet

Ok, have now painted one section of walls in the warm pale blue with the two white planters and topiaries in them. Also the white almost Greek style statue and bird fountain also put up. Put sprinkling of butterflies and couple of hummingbirds there also. Nice. Around the corner have the two white mallorns with good shading now. Past that have painted two more blue walls one has the base coat for two more mallorns and a sketch in for the waterfall that feeds the Nimrodel...its going to be lovely! The other larger wall will soon also have base coat for at least four more mallorns. In front of all of this are the standees of Arwen, Strider, Four hobbits, Gandalf and Leggy w/Gimli. Its almost surreal looking...so fun... Am trying hard to get pics here into computer so can post them for you all...Promise soon, just have to remember to coordinate my efforts with times have internet access. Out of time today and battery life also...Maybe can download onto computer at home (no internet) and then when have access later can post? Will try hard, think you'll enjoy the pics!

Later,GG

No comments: