This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lothlorien Basement Decor

Trying to find a previous post on the Lothlorien basement I was working on promising pics for...can't find it so it I repeat myself so sorry. Also update of Caras Galladon flet...Had to abandon project as their was a serious orc attack at that location of my Lothlorien and we had to relocate to yet another hopefully safer spot. Trying to pick up the  pieces and start over. Hence now the opportunity for the Lothlorien basement.

I'm going to attempt to add pic's here for you....

These are two of the mallorns I have painted on the walls...I painted them going up into the ceiling to add illusion of great height...Some day if/when the ceiling gets finished the illusion can be further generated by painting ceiling with sky or ? Around the corner to the right in this pic I have continued with the trees and there is going to be the waterfall feeding Nimrodel between them flowing to the floor with the water painted onto the floor as well in a stream.

On another set of walls in foreground actually to this pic I have applied some Tatouage decals to create a garden in Lothlorien.  Again will try to include pic for you...
 
Hope you  like these pics.....I so enjoy painting and decorating and since LOR is such an intregral
part of my life so happy to be able to share it with you all also! Oh forgot to mention that the concrete floor here is painted sage green to make it look like grass and it truly does add a lot. And what you don't see is to far right of top pic are all my LOR standees: Arwen/Aragorn, Leggy w/Gimli, the four hobbits, and Gandalf....It really adds to the feeling of being in Middle Earth with the trees etc.
 
 
 

No comments: