This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Friday, May 2, 2014

Some thought sharing....

Not sure where to go with this post...

I have been at the new flet just over a year now, its beautiful in a lovely mountainous wooded setting...its near two rivers... the whole house except for 2 baths, and two other rooms is all done in my version of Tolkien style...and yet my heart yearns for travel yet again.  Perhaps its the elven curse of the call of the sea?
I have a strong desire to take the white swan boat over the sea to this beautiful new location where things grow better and year round... If so then some other elf will inherit all the lovely decor here, time will tell.  I have so many ideas for more decor and yet I do not feel as inspired to do them here as when we first came. Again perhaps its the call of another place that reminds me of happier days long ago. Being a single elf again with an elfling, life has dramatically changed. Perhaps thats also the cause. This was a haven for us, a safe place without any orcs around and yet it still isn't quite home either. There is so much here though that will be hard to leave.  The beautiful,  huge stone steps leading down from the front yard of flet down to the back of said flet.  They are massive stone steps weighing about 600 to 900 pounds each I was told.  The kind soul who did that for us knew how I love ME and said it was our own little piece of Rivendell...So true, they are stunning and lovely. Then there is the elven orchard I planted with three pear trees, a peach tree, an apple tree, fig tree....also the strawberries, the lavender, the azaleas in pink and white.  The white crabapple tree and the two willow trees... The roses and peonies, the stone bench that was brought from 2 flets back...So much. The little 6x8 flet that is being slowly built for the elfling. And the flet up in the real tree along with the elven tire swing we just hung.  Short time so many things done to beautify and inspire joy. They will be hard to leave. And yet the lure of a new adventure kind of like Frodo when he also joined the special group sailing away that last time...Like Frodo this adventure for us is also about healing deep wounds. It feels like we also are going to the undying lands. A place of yearly sunshine and warm climates...And yet with the best gardening soil, even Sam would be jealous.  Not sure exactly when this is going to happen but hoping it will be before the cold comes.  If so know that this site will travel with me. Hopefully that is good news for you. Its so great for me to be able to share here...All the dreams that have been held inside for so long finally finding a home here.

Peace,
GG

No comments: