This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Friday, October 3, 2014

More Lothlorien Room Ideas

Just had another thought.  If someone wanted to recreate a woodsy room without alot of stuff this is something that could be done. I will use some of the same "props" for two different rooms, one a bedroom and the other a living room,

1.  The Bedroom.

Myself I would paint the walls a gentle greyish taupe color. The grey part is important because otherwise it looks too pink-yuck, doesn't look good, trust me!  Then find either a lovely white spread that is "rich looking" if you like Galadriel or if you just like the woods part them find a lovely grass green like color of a spread but again make it rich looking...Nothing cheap looking for these elves!
Go to AllPosters.com  and find some larger "nature scenes" with streams running or waterfalls or just a beautiful wood scene. They offer lots of them with beech trees-I am convinced these are the inspiration for the mallorns! I beg ANYONE to differ with me...I did years of detailed research really! Anyways just saying you may want to think about it...Get them framed with cheap poster frames usually a black frame, they work fine and look great...That's what I've done here. Then for a more dramatic look see if you can find a folding room screen with a beautiful forest scene on it. I also did that and it really creates atmosphere! I found mine at SeventhAve.com but know that probably if you looked online at Target or another store similar you can probably find such an item...Its worth it.
I would center the bed that should also be in my opinion of a metal frame with some fancy detail to it. I prefer silver but other colors could work just NOT the shiny bronze look ok? That is soooo not elven here, at least not Lothlorien elven...Sorry.  If you put the framed posters up in strategic places they will really create atmosphere.  Another thing I did is to use a lovely mirror as a headboard until I found the lovely metal framed bed.  Prior to this my bed was actually just on the floor. Some of you may have one of those raised platform beds without head or footboards. (if so the mirror headboard is wonderful) Then I moved the mirror to the wall across from the foot of the bed facing the bed. I placed some smaller revelant ME items in front of it and its incredibly awesome looking. They are nicely reflected back, just really adds. I would place the folding screen in a corner somewhere placing one end of it on one side of corner and the other end reaching to the other side of the corner. Looks good this way. Oh forgot to mention I used off white/pale cream curtains preferably with some kind of tone on tone pattern just because they are airy looking, very elven. You could also use a sheer sage green if you liked in this room.

2. Do the same on the walls as the living room. Then hang some sage green curtains on the windows. I found a loveseat in a muted green that kind of gently fits in without drawing major attention to itself.  I placed the screen as mentioned above from corner to corner. I found a lovely off white chaise lounge that went in the opposite corner from the screen with a floor lamp standing behind it with just enough of the lamp to come up behind chase for reading. I found an old but comtemporary looking little side table to put next to it with a unique vase I found at Sears actually and some small silk flowers that remind me of the niphridil and elanor. I also placed a sandelwood candle there cause the scent is very exotic when resting on the chaise or reading. You could place a little green blanket over the arm of the chaise if you like. Lets see what else did I do that you could do? Oh yes the poster ideas, they work really well here too! Yes, I did that too and get lots of compliements on them. Ok I so need to get some elven beauty sleep so I must go....May add more later...

GG

No comments: