This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Friday, February 1, 2008

Wall Decor for Elronds Chamber, $ Saving Tips

Ok friends,

Want some more tips on saving money while decorating? Great! I love saving money and I know you will too....

Anyways, back to the topic here. In regards to wall decor here is what I usually do. First I envision the room and where I want it to go. Then after things like wall color and main features are chosen we get to wall decor. This is an important part of accessorizing a room. Next think of what you might like to have there. Ok now that you know that, where to find it? I often look at more expensive catalogs or stores for ideas then hit the Dollar Tree or Walmart or an inexpensive catalog like one I love called Collections Etc. You can find them online at :http://www.collectionsetc.com/ its a great place to find "expensive replica's" inexpensively. This may sound quirky to you but there is even a tv show dedicated to this very theory! I have found wonderful posters, candle holders, little accessories at the dollar store. I have found wonderful accessories at Walmart or Sears (on sale). The Collections catalog has some wonderful things as well for cheap that mimic quite well more expensive taste.

All for now!

GG

No comments: