This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Middle Earth Painting


Here is a really recent painting reflecting a view of Lothlorien. Note the silver white trunks and the golden leaves as well as the white path through the wood...Oh I could so go there...Soon it will have a lovely golden brown frame and be offered for sale at an upcoming Christmas craft fair. It was a particularly frustrating piece for me as I took art in my teens but nothing since. I had lots of sketching instruction but little help-too short a time on colors and paints. Sooo much of what I know is self taught and that comes the hard way, trial and error. Still it doesn't deter me. I try to challenge myself often, to stretch a little more, to learn something I didn't know before, to improve each time. I love Lothlorien and my dream is still to recreate it somewhere before I die and to enjoy it as well. Meanwhile I may have to visit in my paintings and imagination....

No comments: