This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Waterfall Room

Not sure if something on this already or not...So going to go for it just in case not...

This is for the master bedroom. Originally really, really wanted to paint this room a lovely cobalt blue like the old room at the other place, stunning really! Add white sheers and trim, hang white sheers around bed like a curtain! WOW! The other half freaked out! Said, too dark! So I compromised and came up with the "Waterfall Room"...

Still wanted my cobalt blue somewhere, needed it bad! If I couldn't do the blue on the walls what about reversing the scheme? The blue on the bed! Aha! White sheers were already on the windows, and somehow this triggered a thought about water...Waterfalls! WOW! There it was! I could do a wall color to mimic a rock wall and the white sheers were the waterfall coming down to this lovely blue pool of water at the bottom (the bed)....Perfect! The other half agreed! Yeah! So found a paint color at Walmart (my fav)called "Sheer Silver" and it is just that. A pale silver that almost shimmers...The walls are not finished yet, ahh the painter is me and well somehow other things keep interfering with paint time...But its getting there! The trim in the room is white, so crisp and clean and actually to my surprise very sophisticated color scheme! Love it!

Next want to mention the bed cover...Actually went to the local fabric store to purchase fabric to make my own coverlet as couldn't find the "right" blue...But its not made yet because couldn't find all the parts to the sewing machine...So meanwhile I went and looked at (yes) Walmart AGAIN and actually found this bed comforter in this deeper teal blue that had a "tucked" pattern on it reminiscent of waves on a lake...Well to me anyway...Its also rather shimmery fabric also so adding to the "water" effect! I love it! This comforter is heavy so in the summertime I will switch to the one that I plan on sewing.

Also want to mention that the room is smaller and has two large windows facing east, not alot of light here...A brighter room could handle a darker wall color.

I have decided to keep the walls pretty sparse of decor so that what is there makes a punch. On that note decided that just in case visitors didn't make the connection to the waterfall on their own to make it obvious. Went to AllPosters.com and found this stunning waterfall poster that has been ordered. It will go over the headboard after framing (Walmart poster frame) and will pretty much be what you see when you enter the room. Its 18x24 inches! It WILL leave no doubt as to the fact that this IS a waterfall room. After you see that you will if not consciously at least subconscioulsy make the connections in the room with the curtains etc! How fun!

Also accenting the room with silver accents to blend with the silver paint and set off the blue. Its going to be lovely, sophisticated and very elven....

Ok, computer is acting like an orc with tummy troubles so have to take a break for now...Will review this post later and do spell check and content check!

Hope you enjoy whats here for now!

GG

Update! 2/3/10

The poster came in the mail and must say its not just a poster, it is printed on heavy photograph paper, NICE! Good quality for anyone looking for something like this. And to my great joy the color of the water in the pool of the poster is an exact match for the bedspread! People are going to wonder "how did I do that"... I'll just smile and know that it was Divine Kindness....

GG

No comments: