This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hidden enclosed garden forming now...

Just love this place so much...The other place was a barren wasteland when we moved in and this place is so opposite...Things are just popping up everywhere, daffodils, iris, ferns, budding trees, tiny white flowers carpeting the woods floor...At the back of Caras Galladon is a small area hidden from view until you happen upon it. It is to be a small enclosed garden. There I have planted ferns and lily of the valley...It faces the small "stream" that happens everytime it rains...The area backs up to the rock wall at the base of Caras Galladon. Have been looking so hard for a piece of rock to make a bench as there is so much rock here. Tonight I found it! Used the hand truck to cart it to the spot. Tomorrow need to see about chipping off some of the underneath part to make it more flat so that it can be placed on top of "leg" rocks... It is going to be so beautiful there... It is going to be the perfect reading spot. No one will know you are there, it will be great for getting away from it all. Just sit and relax under the canopy of trees and singing birds.

In another area not far from there someone had cut down a large fallen tree. They left these large round trunk pieces laying around. They are so large that it would have been hard to move them to haul away to dump or ? And guess could have burned them BUT I had another idea! They were arranged into a large circle and are now part of the "council" area!!! They make perfect seats!!! We are going to put some kind of outdoor "firepit" there and use it in cooler weather... How fun and creative is that! Talk about going green and recycling. So the Lothlorien world grows. It expands into a lovely functional garden. This council area is separate from the enclosed garden mentioned above and one will not see the other due to greenery that will be growing there soon...

Hope you all are enjoying this developing story, I sure am...

GG

No comments: