This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Monday, April 19, 2010

Reply to Comment on Arwens Room

Dear Elven Friend!

So happy to hear from you...Not sure, your comment should post but its not showing so far hence I will repeat it here for other benefit.

You asked about an elven room but yours is tiny and no real cash flow...You also are interested in a Galadriel style pitcher...

Great questions!

First the pitcher, do you live near any thrift shops or consignmet shops? Can you hit some yard sales? What you want is a silver pitcher like one your grandmother or great grandmother would have used...It may need some polishing up but its worth it. I have one that belonged to my Gram. Look for something taller with nice curvy spout and decorative handle on it. If only my scanner was hooked up would post a photo of mine. You can find a cheap enough pitcher at any of these places mentioned. Or even ask around in the family if anyone has one stored in an attic or box that they don't want to throw out but aren't really using either...Let me know if you succeed. If you don't I could see about trying to find you one here and if you could cover mailing cost then its yours...I have a nose for such things (bargains, etc)

Regarding the room, do you have window? Assuming you do, most rooms now are required in order to be a bedroom. Anyways if you want an Arwen room and are ok with lavender then paint the walls a soft lavender color. Walmart or any paint store offer free paint samples. Pick several you like, tape them to your wall and look at them in different lighting at different times of day and night. When you find the shade your comfortable with get a gallon. I have found that the Walmart brand paint works just as well as the expensive Home Depot paint but you decide. Then again if you are doing my version of the Arwen room buy a quart of a pale silver color. If need be let me know and I'll post the name of the exact silver color I chose. Use this silver for the window trim and all other door/floor trim in the room. You WILL be amazed at the transformation a simple paint job will do. Also definetely recommend some sheer flowy curtains in a white perhaps for you...Walmart has the single long panels for like $5. You would only need two for one window. Get the ones that will hang to the floor and blow in the wind if the window is open. I hope this helps.

If you want MORE decorating details for your room specifically ( I LOVE THIS STUFF) and would be thrilled and honored to assist you (no charge of course)This is what I love to do and love to help people too.

So dear Elven Friend hope this helps you out...If you want more info please comment again...

Sidh iest le mellon!
(I wish you peace friend)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mae govannen!
It's me again. You replied to my comment on Arwen's room. Thanks so much for your advice.
I don't have a window in my room, however I do have accordion doors in the back that lead to the family room. This probably sounds strange; my my room used to be an office. (It was a bedroom, then the people who had the house before us turned it into an office, and now it's a bedroom again- mine.) I found some gorgeous white lace curtains to hang over them, but can't find a good elvish curtain-rod. These doors can be very convenient at times, but I don't get as much natural light as I would like and, sadly, no breeze.
I've been looking at thrift stores for my vase. No luck so far but I'm persevering, "good things come to those who wait" and all that.
Another important question I forgot to ask: I have a loft bed, and my cat loves to sleep with me so I have a cat house next to the bed for them to use as a ladder of sorts. Do you have any ideas on how I can make it look nicer? (Another of its demerits is that it is tan colored.)
What silver paint color did you use? (I don't mean to be a pain but I tend to be a perfectionist about this kind of thing.)
One last thing: in the movie she has a banner on her wall. Is there anywhere I can find one like it?
Once again, hannon le. Your help and patience is greatly appreciated.
Namarie!