This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Friday, May 28, 2010

Wall murals

Something new for you and not a new idea really at all...
Wall murals anyone? Was killing time at the local paint store waiting for another to open when happened upon some mural books...Oh my goodness, they had some wonderful stuff in there... So Middle Earth...IN fact there were three of them that we were taking measurements trying so hard to see if we could find a wall to hold any one of them...Not a chance! Each wall was too short by at least a foot, sometimes two feet...Ahhhh sad face...But maybe you (yes you there) have a bare wall at least six feet in length and at least 8 feet high...Of even better if you have a wall 12 feet long...Wow you could really get a good one! I was almost sick turning the books back in today, but knew it just wouldn't work so before attempting something too crazy and regretting it later I did the proper thing.

There are so many opportunites for you if you have the wall space. They look so good too. You could so recreate one of the elven realms either Rivendell or Ilthilien or Lothorien if you wanted too. WOW! If you do I'm jealous as all I can do in the house at this time is to recreate interiors of such places but you could actually create the environment! Of course I did do the Ilthien room which came out great for a 9x10 room! If you did say the beautiful wood scene you could also make the rest of the room the interior looking out into the woods..It would feel so real! Of course shut my mouth, I can just look out the windows here too and see the beautiful woods (only with seasons) Still I'm jealous they WERE lovely!

So folks just another thought to help you with your dreams of recreating ME. Of course this could all be a grand illusion on my part thinking that anyone else other than myself would want to recreate ME in their homes....Guess am assuming alot here aren't I????(silly smile)

GG

No comments: