This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Sunday, July 18, 2010

New Idea Concerning Wallpaper Border!

I just finished painting a bath that was very classy and upscale looking. Nice, but it needed something to complete the look. Decided to add a border at the ceiling. Couldn't find exaaaaactly what was needed but close. Wanted something muted with golds, off whites, maybe some muted sage green...Well found a muted gold scroll on a really creamy white background...It was almost perfect but not quite, it was too WHITE! So guess what I did? Yep, painted in the background with acrylic goldleaf paint, smugged it for that muted look and guess what? Its gorgeous!!!! It looks muted, rich and to me so beautiful because it was so easy! Just a thought for you! Think outside the box! If its not quite right can you dab a little paint to make it perfect? Maybe so!

GG

No comments: