This is my dream, my passion to recreate the more beautiful parts of Tolkien's world into my own...To merge what I see with what I do not see, to have a blending of his world with mine...To be able finally to walk in the land I have so longed dreamed of...Come walk with me as we make this journey together...

I aear can ven na mar....

I aear can ven na mar....
"The sea calls us home" -Elrond at Grey Havens

Lady Galadriel

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Stairway to Caras Galladon

We are now living at this beautiful spot close to the mountains, a little bit of heaven for sure...It has lovely rock outcroppings and more. On top of one of them is my new Caras Galladon in Lothlorien. I am working a building a tiny flet only 5 1/2 by 8 feet in diameter. It will as best as I am able resemble the ones in the movies, like I said, as best as I am able...That may mean simply using natural materials like branches to form the walls, roof, etc. It will simple but beautiful I do believe that. Anyway leading up to this flet is the beginnings of a simple stone stairway. This place is loaded with stone! Found some perfect ones for steps and am up to 5 or 6 steps from the bottom so far. At the base placed some larger stones to "anchor" the stairway. It looks good so far, like its always been there...Also working on adding a branch archway behind the entry stones. Added two concrete cherubs who are seated on two of the anchoring rocks to either side. So far so good. May if this first stone stair comes out good and isn't too much work add a second stoneway a little further over to go up/down the hill in another location, we'll see must get through this first one yet. This is all new as never ever built such a thing before in my life. Its all good though seeing it materialize after ALL these years of waiting... Ok added this picture, its doesn't quite do justice but you will get the idea. Also stones are larger than they may appear here....And they are very solid and sturdy as they got used alot to go up the very steep hill where they are located....

No comments: